Northampton General Hospital (NGH) has today announced that nominations for their 2019 Best Possible Care Awards are now open.
The annual awards are an opportunity for patients, families and carers to tell NGH about those members of staff who have made a difference the hospital experience, provided the best possible care or have helped to bring improvements to services and the care that patients receive.
For 2019, the categories in which outstanding NGH staff can be nominated are:
- Clinical team award
- Non-clinical team award
- Volunteer of the year (individual or team)
- Quality improvement award
- Unsung hero, clinical
- Unsung hero, non-clinical
- Patient safety award (individual or team)
- Patient experience award (individual or team)
- Clinical educator of the year
To nominate the person or team you think has gone above and beyond, the nomination form can be downloaded at https://www.northamptongeneral.nhs.uk/Patients-and-Visitors/Staff-recognition/Staff-recognition.aspx or a paper form can be picked up from the NGH information desks by all main entrances. The closing date for nominations is midnight on Friday 28 June 2019.
Shortlisted nominees will be invited to an awards ceremony on Friday 27 September to celebrate their achievements with colleagues and find out who the grand winner is in each category.
- Best Possible Care logo 2019
Notes to editors:
- The NGH Best Possible Care Awards celebrate individuals and teams who make a real difference to the way we work and our patient care. Regardless of where they work or volunteer in the hospital, if a colleague or team has gone above and beyond to exceed expectations, the awards are the chance to get them recognition they deserve.
- Winners will be announced following the awards ceremony via the NGH website and social media pages. A separate media release will be circulated.